Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Clicker scores: 10/19/10 and generally

Yesterday, 10/19/10, I made a mistake by ending clicker question 2 way too early. Some students asked yesterday after lecture and later by email or blog if I would correct this. The answer is yes. I posted the clicker grades yesterday but corrected them just now this morning. I deleted the former Blackboard gradebook column "CPS 10/19" and put in its place "CPS 10/19 edited". I gave credit for clicker question 2 to any student whose clicker registered any response to clicker questions 1 or 3 independent of whether that clicker had responded to 2. I did not give credit to any student whose clicker did not respond to question or question 3 because I took that as evidence for not yet being present/responding in the lecture hall.

Generally: Some students have asked about the maximum clicker score each lecture. I gave the incorrect answer to at least one student. Here is the correct answer: The maximum score for each lecture is 100 points. If ten questions are given and scored (including the freebie), each is worth 10 points. If nine questions are given and scored, each is worth 11.11 points. If eight questions are given and scored, each is worth 12.5 points, and so on.

I have also posted this as an announcement on Blackboard and sent it to all students by email.

Prof. Koch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Professor- when is the chapter 22/23 homework going to be posted?