Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Extension of Chap. 20 HW to 15 Oct.

I already put this on the Blackboard announcements page for PHY 122 and sent it to all students by email:

PHY 122 students,

Responding to an email from one of the students, I wrote the following:
Yes, [at yesterday's = Tuesday, 12 October lecture] I didn't cover all of inductors and didn't cover the RL circuit because the microphone-volume problem at the beginning of lecture cost me the 10 minutes that I needed at the end. By my reckoning, problems 9, 10, 11, and 12 involve the above material. I did cover part (b) for problem 9. All these four problems are direct applications of formulas in the text, and most of them are very similar to worked example problems in sections 20.7 and 20.8 of SV8 Chap. 20. I just checked the Chap 20 HW grades for all students in the course; most students have worked out these problems, but to be fair to all, I've decided to extend the deadline for the Chap. 20 problems to 5:00 pm on Friday, 15 October. At the beginning of tomorrow's (Thursday, 14 October) lecture, I'll cover the rest of the material about inductors and the RL circuit.

Prof. Koch

No comments: